REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN THE AMERICAN LEGION POST 294
IMPORTANT: EVERYONE MUST PRESENT A COPY OF
DD 214 OR DISCHARGE FOR VERIFICATION
Dec 7, 1941-Dec 31, 1946
June 25, 1950 - Jan 31, 1955
Feb 28, 1961-May 7, 1975
Aug 24, 1982-July 31, 1984
Dec 20, 1989-Jan 31, 1990
Aug 2, 1990-cessation of hostilities as determined by U.S. Government
Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information to Post Membership Committee:
1. Complete American Legion Membership application. Print two (2) completed copies. Keep one copy for your records. Mail the other copy to American Legion Post 294, 39 Fort Dix Road, Pemberton New Jersey 08068 together with your dues payment. (Dues amount on application). Applications are also available at the Post.
2. Present copy of DD 214 or Discharge for verification.
3. Membership Dues Payment. Dues. (Amount Shown on Application). Make checks payable to our Post listed above.
DO NOT SEND CASH.
4. If the information is correct, membership will be approved and then a membership card will be mailed to you.
5. Please see eligibility dates on the application form.
Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to our Post must submit the following:
a. Completed Member Data Form.
b. PRESENT COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE FOR VERIFICATION
c. COPY OF CURRENT MEMBERSHIP CARD
6. Membership dues payment, if current year dues are not paid. If current dues are paid, please pay dues for next year's membership.
FOR THE AMERICAN LEGION
Join Post 294 Today!